According to a 2014 Gallup Survey, 82% companies appointed wrong kind of people for the top managerial posts in their organizations. The wrong appointments lead to poor team, lack in productivity, financial losses to the organization and affect the organizational reputation in negative manners.
To resolve all sorts of office issues, the right manager with excellent management skills is inevitable. Here are 7 potential skills that every company must look in managers when they aim to promote them. The prevention is better than cure and a right manager can resolve most of the organizational issues simultaneously.
1. Communication Skill– Thee first and the foremost potential skill to check in a future-manager is the great communication skills. The manager should be unbeatable in convincing communications.
2. Coaching Skill– Your to-be manager should be skilled in coaching and proffering tremendous guidance to the team.
3. Networking Skill– A successful manager should have strong networking skills and networking skills demonstrate the outstanding communication skills of the manager.
4. Empathy– The manager must be well versed in how to put himself/herself at others’ positions and evaluate the situation. Empathy bags great networking and coordination.
5. Team Player– Your manager should be good at working with teams. Loners rarely make good leaders. Coordination and team-work are essentials of a great leader.
6. Humility– The manager should be confident in the decent manners. When arrogance takes over the confidence, it harms leadership skills.
7. Nurturing Skill– The future manager must be conversant with team development and getting surrounded by the right kind of professional people with technical expertise.